The meeting of the Spanish Meiosis Network will be held on the 14th-16th of June at “La Cristalera” (http://www.lacristalera.com). This venue is located in Miraflores de la Sierra, a small village in the mountains, in the northern area of Madrid. La Cristalera is a teaching center for meetings, conferences, summer courses, leisure and culture activities. It belongs to the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. Its proximity to other areas of the mountains of undoubted touristic, cultural and environmental interest make this venue a point of reference for many institutions or businesses that see in it the perfect place to hold their conferences, workshops and meetings.
The building is around two thousand meters squared in size and has three different areas:
- Two conference rooms holding 25 people.
- An event room with seats for 90 people.
- An exterior room for 70 people
All of the centre’s rooms are equipped with audio-visual equipment (megaphones, video-projectors and laptops) and there is wifi access throughout.
- The centre has 41 en-suite bedrooms, both single and double, and can accommodate up to 70 people.
- A dining room for 100 people.
- A swimming pool, a ball court and mountain bikes.
- Surrounding the building are interesting routes for hiking.
Bus information: A bus will depart from Atocha rail station (calle Méndez Álvaro, salida de AVE) at 14:30h on the 14th June. The duration of the journey will be around 1 hour.
The day of departure the bus leaving from Miraflores de la Sierra will depart from the venue at 15:30h, and its final stop will be Atocha rail station.